EXA2CT: exascale one step closer…The EXA2CT project ran from 2013 to 2016 and brought together experts at the cutting edge of the development of solvers, related algorithmic techniques, and HPC software architects for programming models and communication.
The main results of EXA2CT can be found the results brochure. The proto-apps and libraries can be downloaded from the website.
GPI2 finalist in the Innovation Radar Prize
Fraunhofer ITWM goes through to the final round with their communication middleware GPI.
Fraunhofer ITWM group – a partner in EXA2CT – has reached the finals of the European Innovation Radar Prize 2016, with their communication middleware GPI2 (Global address space Programming Interface).
At the ICT Proposers Day in Bratislava on the 26th September, the finalists will pitch their innovation, and their plans to get it ‘out of the lab and into the market’, to a panel of investors and entrepreneurs. The jury will decide on a winner in each of the 4 categories. One of these winners will also be awarded the overall 2016 Innovation Radar Prize.
More information from the European Commission can be found here
ESPRESO Library Released
ESPRESO (ExaScale PaRallel FETI SOlver) developed at IT4Innovations is a highly efficient parallel solver which contains several Finite Element Tearing and Interconnect (FETI) based algorithms including a new Hybrid FETI method. The alpha version of the ESPRESO which includes the Hybrid Total FETI method has been released in August 2016. More information on is available on http://espreso.it4i.cz
EXA2CT at ISC
Come and visit us at ISC’16:
- We are part of the European ExaScale Projects’ Booth, #1340
- Come to our presentation at the Intel Collaboration Hub at booth #930
- Join us at BOF 11″Programming Models for Exascale Supercomputers – A Slow Transition or Complete Disruption?”
GASPI Tutorials in Stuttgart and Lausanne
We will have two GASPI tutorials beginning of June
- One will be in Stuttgart on June 6-7, 2016. More info
- Another tutorial will be in Lausanne on June 7, 2016. More info
New proto applications
Two new prototype applications are available for download on the Proto-Apps page:
- BPMF, machine-learning and big data at HPC scale, and
- Mini-FEM a unstructured mesh assembly application.
Report from ISC’15
During this year’s ISC, we had our regular booth with the European Exascale Projects.
Next to that we also presented our projects during a separate workshop.
Videos will be available soon. A small preview is already available.
Our ExaScale Satellite event at this year’s PRACEDays was a big success. More than sixty people attended, good interaction with the audience, especially during the panel discussion at the end of the event.
GASPI Tutorials in Stuttgart and Bristol
Our next GASPI tutorial will be in Stuttgart on April 27, 2015
Another tutorial will be in Bristol, UK on May 20-21, 2015
EXA2CT is Coming to you
Submitted by vanderaa on Fri, 01/30/2015 – 10:55
EXA2CT will be present at these events:
- Workshop on Sparse Solvers for Exascale in Greifswald on March 23-25, 2015.
- The Swiss Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) Conference in Zurich on June 1-2, 2015
- Together with the European ExaScale Projects initiative we will host a workshop during the PRACEDAYS15 in Dublin. The topic of this workshop will be the relation of HPC industry towards exascale computing. PRACEDAYS15 on 26-28 May, 2015
GASPI Tutorial in INRIA Bordeaux
Our next GASPI tutorial will be in Bordeaux on January 28. More info here
Visit EXA2CT at SC in New Orleans
EXA2CT has a booth at the Supercomputing Conference SC’14 in New Orleans. We will present our project at the joint booth of the European Exascale projects (Booth # 1039).
EXA2CT Blog Post for ISC
We have a blog on the ISC website that is also published on the scientific computing website.
- Read moreabout EXA2CT Blog Post for ISC
Visit us at ISC in Leipzig
This year we’ll be present at ISC 2014 in Leipzig, Germany. Meet us and the other European ExaScale projects at booth #833.
Leipzig, Germany June 22–26, 2014 — www.isc-events.com
- Read moreabout Visit us at ISC in Leipzig
Joint European Exascale Workshop
We had a collaboration Workshop in Edinburgh on March 18th and 19th 2014 with the other European Exascale projects: CRESTA, DEEP, MONT-BLANC, EPIGRAM, NUMEXAS and EXA2CT.
EXA2CT Talk at Exascale Technologies & Innovation in HPC for Climate Models – 3rd HPC Workshop
Marie-Christine Sawley from Intel gave a talk at the Exascale Technologies & Innovation in HPC for Climate Models – 3rd HPC Workshop